|p.s. these are my newest new pair of glasses. They aren't my bifocals, just my single vision so I can keep an extra pair at work. I brought them home today on accident. But they are the same as my other pair but are the Smoke color.|
So this happened today a true story by Stephanie Drummond
"Don't forget the memory card Stephanie", this is what I said to myself before I left for work. "I want to make an Outfit of the Day vLog using the full length mirror at work. Don't forget that memory card". Guess what folks. I left that durn memory card at home. I thought I might be able to record straight to the camera, but I can't. Lesson Learned. I didn't feel like getting my real camera out to take some photos so I decided before leaving work that I'd take a few photos with my phone. But then on my drive home I don't know what changed my mind. Maybe it was the nice sun that was out. Maybe it was because I liked my makeup. Maybe it was because I felt like a pumpkin in my shirt. I don't know what it was but I decided when I got home I was gonna get that camera, set up my tripod and pose like the next America's Next Top Model (or ANTM as I like to call it... that's a lie by the way, I call it America's Next Top Model, I just wanted to sound cool).
Well... People... I got home and my battery had 1 bar of power left in it. But thats okay. I have another battery... Well... That back-up battery is a gonner. It doesn't hold a charge anymore. It used to but not on this day. So I ran outside with that 1 bar on that battery and I got all set up. Tripod out. Photo of my super cute purse taken. Remote is ready. And I get that notice. The your battery is dead and we hate you notice from my camera (I made up that last part, my camera doesn't really hate me, it has no feelings). So I pull the battery out. Put it back in. And I get 2 shots. Those are the shots above. Luckily they look decent. Yay! So you get 3 nice photos and the rest from my cellular phone. You're welcome! So.. yeah... thats my story for the day. Hooray!!
|My Bag from Little Black Bag! ADORABLE!!!|
Lush Pintuck & Lace Blouse in Coral, Jewel Jersey Bra Cami in Natural (Express), Mia Extreme Stretch Jean Legging in Dark (Express), Corso Como 'Samual' Boot in Brandy Florence Leather, Shimmering Shell Disc Earrings (Express), Necklaces ( I think they are from Forever 21 but they don't keep things in stock for longer than 1 week so I can't link it). Bag is from my pick at Little Black Bag. Its adorable! I love it! I can't wait to blog about all the goodies I got from them.
Makeup Details(Do you even care, I don't know but I'm gonna post it anyway)
- Mac Studio Sculpt SPF 15 in NC25
- Makeup Forever Full Cover Extreme Camouflage Cream Waterproof Concealer in 5
- Instant Age Rewind Dark Circles Eraser in 20 Light Pale (to hide my bags)
- MAC Studio Careblend/Pressed in Medium Dark
- NARS Bronzer in Laguna (for all over the face)
- MAC Blush in Blunt (for contouring my bronzer just a little bit too)
- LORAC Perfectly Lit Oil-Free Luminizing Powder in Luminous (to highlight my sexy cheekbones)
- MAC Blush Powder in Launch Away (from the 'Hey, Sailor' collection) its a nice peachy color. I used my Sigma F55 to apply it but would have preferred to use my Sigma F15 but it was dirty. This is really nice to add a light but buildable coverage, I normally like to pack on the blush but today because my eyes were so heavy I wanted a light face.
- Anastasia Clear Brow Gel
- MAC Brow Liner in Lingering
- MAC Paint Pot in Painterly(as primer used all over eye)
- MAC 'Illustrated - Smoky Eye Black' Kit by Julie Verhoeven (Limited Edition) it contains the following and I followed their instructions for a smoky eye (which I'm not very good at):
- Three eyeshadow in dramatic shades: Naked Lunch (Frost), Wedge (Matte) and Carbon (Matte).
- The tools for seamless blending: #275 Medium Angled Shading Brush and #212 Flat Definer Brush.
- Technakohl Liner in Graphblack for a thin to thick edge.
- Mini Zoomblack Zoom Lash in Rich Black
- L'Oreal Colour Riche in 181 Sheer Linen (I find that I have a hard time with Nude lipsticks but this one is really nice on my lips and for my skintone)
- MAC Cremesheen Glass in Partial to Pink
- Essie in Gym Dandy
Brushes: I'd say 90% of the time I use my Sigma brushes, the only exception are my 2 MAC brushes that are travel size and I like the way they apply my creme highlighter and my blush.
Full Disclosure:Affiliate links used in this blog post. Don't feel like you need to use them, but it's there... just in case you want to. :)
*Side note: I work at Express part-time, which is why you will find that 70% of my wardrobe (especially jeans) come from there. I don't wear their clothes because I get a discount. I work there so I can get their clothes with my discount. I've worked there off and on for 6 years because I've always shopped there. I know I don't need to explain but I just like to keep it real with my readers. :)